Staff





Top posting users this month

Latest topics

» He Knows Not Where He Be [Open]
Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:11 am by Dai

» Returning Home [Closed]
Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:32 pm by Tsubine

» Serenity's Face Claims
Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:29 pm by Serenity

» Escape from Ezon [CLOSED]
Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am by Serenity

» Running on Idle [Closed]
Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:06 am by Snops

» The Deflowering [Closed]
Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:34 pm by Snops

» Serenity's Character List
Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:36 am by Serenity

» Amelia Bennett [APPROVED, 3-5]
Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am by Tsubine

» Kenta [Approved; 1-2]
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 am by Serenity

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 4514 messages in 615 subjects

We have 21 registered users

The newest registered user is karjavo


    Swallow all your Doubt [Open]

    Share
    avatar
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

    Posts : 429
    Join date : 2013-12-04
    Age : 23
    Location : In yo' house, stealin' yo' bacon.
    Job/hobbies : Student, Writer, Actor, Badass.
    Humor : Sarcastic, with a minor dash of pervy.

    Swallow all your Doubt [Open]

    Post by Dai on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:14 am

    "Shitshitshitshitshit!" The sounds of spells being flung in her direction were terrifying her as she sprinted through the streets of this small town, entire body shaking in fear. Each one of her steps met with the ground, and her eyes were both in front of her, and watching the ground ahead of her. It had been six months since she had been taken away from that home of hers, and she had very rarely discovered things that she had experienced before. For instance, this was the first time she had ever experienced gang violence. She hadn't tried to piss them off, but apparently when you tell people that they should stop fighting, due to it being bad, they get kind of mad at you. Mad enough, it seemed, to try and attack a defenseless young woman. "Naamineeee, where aaaare yooou?" She shouted out, trying to find her Elven caretaker. The woman had taken good care of her for the longest time, and had been instrumental in masterminding her escape from home. If she found Namine, she found safety--that woman had magic that could easily dispatch these idiots! Her footfalls grew in speed as she continued to hunt the woman--conversely, this was probably the fastest she had ever run. Progress! She noted that down mentally, but made certain to put as much power into running as she could. Progress doesn't matter when your legs are broken!

    The gem on her right hand hummed with a soft glow, merely warning her of its presence. She knew it was there--she'd never forget that it was there. That thing was keeping her alive no matter what, and she hoped that she wasn't using up all of its power with this running. Technically, as far as she understood, this piece of magic actually extended her stamina as well, but she'd never really tried to use it like that. If it stopped working because it ran out of power, she'd be done for. She'd fall to the ground, blinded and unable to walk. That very thought kept her moving to find Namine. She had been told to return to the inn when she was done with her explorations, but she had completely forgotten where the inn was... which was why she was running in circles around this little town in the hopes that she'd find the damn thing! She didn't remember places like that! Her breathing was heavy and ragged, and she was feeling her energy start to give way. Right, so, that gem didn't actually extend stamina much. Another thing to take note of... when not running for her life!

    Kaela rounded a corner, and suddenly stopped with a loud gasp. Before her were three men, all wielding large maces and grinning, "Found ya, bitch." She turned around and her eyes widened, as three more men--the ones originally chasing her--cut off her exit. She stood, breathing heavily, eyes narrowed at them all. "Now, now, we jus' wanna talk. Y'er too pretty t'just cut up, so we figured we'd use ya." The word 'use' sent long chills down her spine, and she suddenly found herself wanting to be far, far away. She shuffled in place and stood in a defensive position, but felt strong hands grip her wrists. "N-no!" She bit her bottom lip, watching one of them slowly walk up to her and put a rough hand on her chest. "Small, but usef--" Kaela screamed out as a blade plunged through his chest, the black steel coated with dark liquid. The blade crackled with electric energy as it was pulled back out, the man falling to the ground as Kaela continued to scream. Behind the dead gangster was a dark-haired male, wielding two swords--alongside him was a woman with beautiful golden hair, wielding her own weapon. The pair started to work in deadly concert, easily dispatching the men with their brutish weapons--using their own sleeker, more beautiful blades--dropping them all to the earth. As the last one fell, the male turned around and gave Kaela his best smile, eyes closed, "You okay? That looked like it was--" As he opened his eyes, he noticed that she'd left. "Wh-what'd I do to scare her off?" "What do you think?! Dumbass, you went in too hard!"

    She didn't get to hear the last part of that conversation, instead finding her way back into the same location she was before--lost as fuck. She stepped into the middle of a busy market and looked around, trying her hardest to find Namine. She didn't notice the pair of dark eyes watching her from a distance.
    avatar
    Snops

    Posts : 225
    Join date : 2013-12-07

    Re: Swallow all your Doubt [Open]

    Post by Snops on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:08 pm

    It was a day. That was a fact, it was a day that existed. It was a day where some people would do things. Some people seemed to like doing these things. Of course, there were those who preferred not doing anything. What? It's a beautiful day outside? Everyone would argue that people should be out and making the most of the day. Not this man though. A rather lean, but tall, man sat, leaning against a building. He was out of the way, maybe partially out of respect for the people who might want to pass, but definitely to avoid the work of needing to move if he was in someone's way. People might think he was asleep, but most people knew better than to try and take anything off his body. He'd point a gun almost instantaneously at their had and inform them he didn't want to shoot, and to move along, should they try to pickpocket him. Everyone typically did. Even if they didn't know who this man was, he still had a gun pointed to their head. He probably wouldn't shoot regardless, he'd probably sigh, complain about the effort, and go somewhere else. It'd be hard to call him a productive member of society, but he had a talent. His talent was to fight, and if necessary, kill. His targets tended to be criminals, so in a way, he did contribute. He only did so though so he could eat. How this man, Coyote Starrk, could enjoy doing literally nothing all the time was most likely beyond the comprehension of most people.

    He slept for a rather long time, but unfortunately it was not to last. The brown haired male was woken up by the sounds of what sounded like terror and combat. He opened one eye, he wanted to think that whatever it was would resolve itself. Sadly the sound of blade meeting flesh seemed to make that rather unlikely, or rather it signaled the possibility of more blade meeting flesh. "What am I supposed to do about it?" He said rather halfheartedly to no one in particular, but he still began to push himself to his feet. With a sigh he began to walk in the direction of, from what he saw, a girl running away in terror. He wasn't sure if she was actually terrified. He just knew someone running from the sounds of things happening wasn't usually a good sign. Maybe it would have been a better idea to go here the violence had actually taken place? He assumed that'd be more work and merely followed the girl. He found his way to the market, and what a pain that'd be. If he chose to make the effort he'd just made worthwhile, he'd need to put even more effort in finding the girl again.

    He looked for a short time, which with his power really should have been easier than he'd admit, but after a few minutes he figured he might want to give up. Well, he did want to give up, and so he was about to. Unfortunately dark shadows began to descend upon the market. If by shadows...he meant thugs. The market surprisingly had no law enforcement around at the time. He knew that meant it was up to him unless someone else boldly stepped forward, and hoping for that to happen was a recipe for disaster. Many people moved away. The thugs seemed entirely focused on one person, the girl he had followed here! Why was she seemingly where all of the danger was? "Come on, we just wanna..." With a quick whisper of some unknown word, Starrk vanished. He reappeared right behind the man who was speaking, who stopped as he felt the gun pressed against his head. "I really don't want to shoot you, could you just fall back and leave the girl alone?" Starrk asked, in his usual halfhearted voice. The man turned around and went to punch Starrk in the face quickly, so Starrk wouldn't have time to pull the trigger. Starrk simply grabbed his arm mid swing and slipped him on the ground. He pointed the gun at the now grounded man, taking out his second pistol and aiming it towards where the others stood. "I really don't want to shoot, please leave." He said again, no different than the first time. As if on queue, one of the men seemed to recognize him. He signaled the rest of the men and they seemed to leave without arguing. "That was some trouble you seemed to be mixed up in." He spoke to the girl as he scratched his head, his weapons back in their holsters.


    _____________________
    Hey you're banjacked, hey you're screwed~
    And death is coming for you~
    Trapped on an island, lost at sea~
    Shipwrecked you'll cease to be~

    Hey you're banjacked, hey you're screwed~
    And death is coming for you~
    Trapped on an island, lost at sea~
    Shipwrecked your destiny~
    avatar
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

    Posts : 429
    Join date : 2013-12-04
    Age : 23
    Location : In yo' house, stealin' yo' bacon.
    Job/hobbies : Student, Writer, Actor, Badass.
    Humor : Sarcastic, with a minor dash of pervy.

    Re: Swallow all your Doubt [Open]

    Post by Dai on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:21 pm

    She was safe, here, that was a definite. Her entire body shivered and shook, with a mixture of both fear and excitement. The adrenalin was rushing through her system, causing her to make these rash decisions that she had been doing. Why had she run away from the people who saved her life? It might've been because they scared her a little bit, by so casually murdering those people--even if they had been threatening to do... things... to Kaela, that didn't require their deaths! Why not just bash them on the head a bit, knock them out? It would've been so much simpler, cleaner and nobody would've had to die! It was so simple! She almost wanted to go back and lecture them on the foolishness of killing people, but that'd be dumb. If they were so willing to kill those people, why wouldn't they just kill her for speaking up against them?! No, no, she had to stay in a place where people would be able to see her. She'd read about this: when you're in danger, you make sure to stay in public. People are less likely to try and murder you in public, because too many people can see it. People would just assassinate you in public instead. A single arrow to the head and POW, you're dead. Already worked up from the running, Kaela kind of panicked on the spot. Every shadow was a potential murderer, and she didn't even know if some of the people surrounding her were hidden assassins either! It didn't come to mind that, no Kaela, you're not actually important enough to be assassinated. No, in her eyes, she was definitely going to be killed by some mean old murderer hiding around a corner. She was certain that she'd heard voices addressing her, men surrounding her. At the same time, she wasn't entirely sure--especially since they seemed to vanish in the crowd not several seconds later.

    "That was some trouble you seemed to be mixed up in." Kaela screamed. It wasn't a loud scream, or a long one. It was closer to a sudden yelp that was kind of high-pitched all of a sudden. She managed to shut herself up after a good half-second, but in that time, she barely dared to turn around to see what was behind her. Her entire body shook harder, and she pulled the shield off of her hip and attached it to her wrist, turning around slowly and holding it up between herself and the man. It was at that moment Kaela noticed the guns that he was holding. She looked around--she was surrounded by a crowd. There was no way she'd be able to escape this one easily. She looked back up at the man, who was definitely much taller and much more intimidating than she was. He was also actually armed, while Kaela was there with just a shield and her (remaining) wits. "D-don't come a-any closer, a-a-assassin..." It was strange, however. Despite the relatively threatening looking man, and the weapons, and the fact that he had managed to sneak up on her without arousing suspicion should have been enough for him to just put a bullet through her brain. "Wait... why haven't you killed me yet?" She blinked a couple of times, looking up at him and lowering her shield just enough to not look as damn scared. She narrowed her eyes. He wasn't really making any threatening movements either. "You're not an assassin, are you?" Finally, the adrenaline rush started to die down--finally, she started to see some damn sense.
    avatar
    Snops

    Posts : 225
    Join date : 2013-12-07

    Re: Swallow all your Doubt [Open]

    Post by Snops on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:42 pm

    When Starrk began to interact with this girl, the first thing she did was yelp.  How?  Somehow this girl had managed to stay completely oblivious to the fact that the men were talking to her, right next to her, and going in to grab her all at once was beyond him.  Of course, not everyone could sense danger in their sleep.  It was such a hassle, it's hard to sleep when his mind is crying out warning alarms.  He sighed and stood as the girl turned around.  She would have noticed the guns being put away as a sign of non-hostility, or maybe she would have if she didn't seem oddly intent on seeing him as a threat.  Did she know who he was?  If she was innocent then that wouldn't make a difference, since he didn't target innocent people.  Though if she did know, and she was reacting like this...  Starrk sighed and just hoped she wasn't someone who should be scared of him.  More work.  He'd have to scold her or something, it was such a hassle.  She held up her shield, which realistically probably wouldn't have worked with it's size and the fact his firepower might just shatter it, and told him to stay back.  It's odd that someone who seemed to worried and alert now could be so totally oblivious to danger moments before.  Did she somehow think a marketplace was safe?  Unfortunately while it is safer, no location is truly 100% safe.  If this girl had guy's following her she should have been alert from the start.  He didn't want to know what they wanted to do with her, partially because it was likely grotesque...and partially because thinking about the work they're going through to get her made Starrk almost cringe if it was for something that stupid.  "Assassin?  What reason would someone like you have for an assassin to be sent after you?"  He asked in slight disbelief, he didn't believe this girl could do anything worth being assassinated over.  

    Even worse, she asked why he hadn't killed her yet.  "You don't look like a thug, or a mugger, or a bank robber."  He said shrugging.  Why waste effort killing someone when they didn't do anything wrong?  It takes effort, and besides even Starrk knew that was just plain rude.  The girl began to lower her shield and continued, flat out asking if he was an assassin.  "As long as you haven't done any of what I said before, you can just call me a passerby."  He spoke.  "In other words, don't go around randomly attacking people, damaging property, killing, or anything else like it.  It'd be more work for me, and I'd probably try not to kill you, which means even more work."  He spoke rather lazily, basically saying he doesn't feel like doing anything and that he didn't want her to do any of that because of that fact.  He yawned as he continued.  "Tell me little lady, you didn't even notice the men who were about to grab you a few seconds ago did you?"  Starrk walked up and offered an empty hand.  "Coyote Starrk."  He said, telling her his name.  It was an odd name but it suited him fine he thought.  Sounds better than Wolf Starrk, which would fit his ability to conjure magical wolves.  Whether or not the girl shook his hand he'd eventually lower it.  He looked around, but he figured the men were scattered by now.  They seemed to recognize him.  Coyote Starrk, the mercenary.  The hired gun.  The bane of all criminals, even if he only followed his line of work because it was easy.  Not everyone knew him.  Some normal people did, some didn't.  Some looked at him like he was some legend, which he didn't particularly like.  Some thought of him as a nothing but a myth, but plenty of normal people don't know him for one reason.  There's no need to learn the name of the person who won't kill you, sadly only the name of the one who will.  Probably why thugs ran from him.  "Those thugs were determined to get to you.  Any reason?"  He hoped the answer wasn't that she held something powerful, oh how he hoped that wasn't the answer.  Last thing he needed was every thug trying to get a hold of something that makes them stronger, and thus more dangerous.  Still, something told him that if she needed it, he'd end up being the escort duty.  He couldn't just leave her if she was being targeted, not alone at least.


    _____________________
    Hey you're banjacked, hey you're screwed~
    And death is coming for you~
    Trapped on an island, lost at sea~
    Shipwrecked you'll cease to be~

    Hey you're banjacked, hey you're screwed~
    And death is coming for you~
    Trapped on an island, lost at sea~
    Shipwrecked your destiny~
    avatar
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

    Posts : 429
    Join date : 2013-12-04
    Age : 23
    Location : In yo' house, stealin' yo' bacon.
    Job/hobbies : Student, Writer, Actor, Badass.
    Humor : Sarcastic, with a minor dash of pervy.

    Re: Swallow all your Doubt [Open]

    Post by Dai on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:43 pm

    Every part of this girl was in absolute panic mode right now. She was almost to the point of hyperventilating due to the fact that things were seeming so damn stressful. "Assassin?  What reason would someone like you have for an assassin to be sent after you?" She blinked and stepped back. That was actually a particularly good question, especially considering just how much Kaela was freaking out right now. Why, exactly, would there be an assassin sent after her? As far as she understood, all she did was disrupt something that was going on. She didn't even really have much of a notion of how bad what she was doing was; she had just acted. There was literally no reason for them to send someone after her to murder her, especially in broad daylight. That still didn't explain the scary--and somewhat drawling--man standing in front of her, however. What was the part that he played in all of this? So she asked him--why had he not killed her? You don't look like a thug, or a mugger, or a bank robber." Well, that's because she wasn't! She folded her arms and harrumphed slightly at that. If that was the case, then why did he even approach her? She was fine, and she was safe. "As long as you haven't done any of what I said before, you can just call me a passerby."  He spoke.  "In other words, don't go around randomly attacking people, damaging property, killing, or anything else like it.  It'd be more work for me, and I'd probably try not to kill you, which means even more work." Apparently, he didn't like to do his job. He was lazy?

    "Why bother in the first place, then?" It was a pretty simple question, but when she asked it, she didn't really expect to receive an answer in return. An answer that, for some reason, really did surprise her. "Tell me little lady, you didn't even notice the men who were about to grab you a few seconds ago did you?" Suddenly, for some reason, she felt like this man had scared them all off. She timidly approached when he held out his hand, and reached out to take his back in a light handshake. His hand was much larger than hers, and she felt it wrap around hers almost completely. "Coyote Starrk." That was, for some reason, an extremely strange name. She tilted her head to the side and gave him a weak smile, "Kaela Ackerman." At least giving him a name would help alleviate any possible threat, right? "Those thugs were determined to get to you.  Any reason?" She blinked a few times. Honestly, she didn't actually know. She turned around and looked through the crowd, wondering if people were going to see her--and then turned back to Mr. Starrk, "I really wish I knew. I interrupted something of theirs, and apparently that was enough for them to chase me for a good five minutes. I must have interrupted something rather lucrative or something of the sort, for them to chase me as hard as they just did." She shrugged lightly, still quite clearly worried about Starrk's intentions, but not as scared of him as she had been. It had something to do with that handshake; she had visibly relaxed when that had happened. "But it shouldn't matter now, right? They've stopped coming after me; probably because you're so big and scary." She held her hands down by her lap and spun around a little bit, sighing, "Though I guess that's not guaranteed."
    avatar
    Snops

    Posts : 225
    Join date : 2013-12-07

    Re: Swallow all your Doubt [Open]

    Post by Snops on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:17 am

    For someone so scared and clearly out of her league should Starrk have been her enemy, she had a fair amount of sass in her.  Upon his pointing out she didn't look like a criminal, she made a sassy little noise and folder her arms.  She's lucky Starrk wasn't going to harm her, but giving people with bad intentions a reason to pick her as the target wasn't the brightest, if that was what she was concerned about anyway.  Even more, she asked him why he even bothered.  She was probably referring to his obvious dislike of work, which he made clear by his stressing how much extra work he'd have to go through.  "How should I know?"  He asked rather blandly.  It seemed like a rather strange thing to say.  If he bothered to go through all that work, he should know why he bothers.  Honestly though he doesn't.  Because it's the right thing to do?  Something about that excuse just seemed incredibly hollow to him.  As if there wasn't any real substance behind it.  Maybe that's because while his actions often align at least a little bit with a standard "moral" code, he wasn't acting in such a way BECAUSE it was the right thing to do.  He could say it's because he had to, but while it was accurate in some ways, it didn't explain the extra lengths he'd go to and the extra work it inflicted.  Determining thinking about it was a waste of energy, Starrk went on to offer his hand to the girl.  She timidly accepted the handshake, and told him her name.  Ackerman?  And she mocked the name Coyote?  Not that he knew she considered his name weird, but Ackerman managed to strike Starrk as strange.  

    Finally he got around to asking her about what happened more specifically, and the girl began to explain.  Sounded about right.  People doing things they probably shouldn't be doing, get caught, and then have to go the extra mile if they don't want to get screwed over.  Right, that's why he did the right thing.  It was less work in the long run if people considered him a good guy rather than a criminal.  "If it was important enough to chase you that long little lady, it's probably not over."  Well wasn't that tiring.  He might have to stick by this girl, at least until they've done the stupid thing and went for her while he was around, or they saw him around her long enough to believe that pursuing her would only end poorly.  It was a shame, the weather was perfect for sleeping.  Actually, anything that wasn't a torrential downpour worked.  Why couldn't this have happened during one of those?  "If it was that important, they're just waiting for me to leave.  The moment I walk away, that's probably when they'll strike."  He sighed a heavy sigh.  "Which means I either stay here until they get impatient and punish them for it...or until they believe I know you and they become to scared to try attacking you."  He could have been very wrong about this of course, but many thugs worked off a limited brain capacity.  Most could only perform so many calculations per second, and most of those were used up keeping their heart pumping.  A simple strategy like that wasn't uncommon.  They could be more dangerous, smarter, but the odds were slim.  He just shook his head and looked back into the distance.  Whatever they were, they weren't just people who happened to be down on their luck and only want to survive.  Those people usually only steal food so they don't starve, if they steal at all.  Whomever these guys were, they were criminals for a bigger reason. Whatever this bigger reason was, it was a bother to be sure. "It's up to you, but I can stay with you for a bit, just in case. If not, I can just go back to sleep."


    _____________________
    Hey you're banjacked, hey you're screwed~
    And death is coming for you~
    Trapped on an island, lost at sea~
    Shipwrecked you'll cease to be~

    Hey you're banjacked, hey you're screwed~
    And death is coming for you~
    Trapped on an island, lost at sea~
    Shipwrecked your destiny~
    avatar
    Dai
    The Oh-So-Sexy Admin

    Posts : 429
    Join date : 2013-12-04
    Age : 23
    Location : In yo' house, stealin' yo' bacon.
    Job/hobbies : Student, Writer, Actor, Badass.
    Humor : Sarcastic, with a minor dash of pervy.

    Re: Swallow all your Doubt [Open]

    Post by Dai on Sun May 17, 2015 12:15 am

    "If it was important enough to chase you that long little lady, it's probably not over." She frowned and nodded in understanding, looking around at the crowd that surrounded them. If they were apparently brazen enough to try and attack her in public, it was most absolutely not over. That, in and among itself, worried her a lot, and for several reasons--chief among them was the fact that she was really nothing special when it came to combat. She didn't have any Arcana either, instead spending more time relying on Namine's skills to keep her from being brutally raped or murdered. This world was definitely not as safe as the one she had left, but she didn't regret that decision one bit. Taking in a slow breath, she looked back at this man--this Coyote Starrk--and tilted her head to the side. What were his motivations in this world? Did he want to just do the right thing? He didn't particularly seem to care, really. "If it was that important, they're just waiting for me to leave. The moment I walk away, that's probably when they'll strike. Which means I either stay here until they get impatient and punish them for it...or until they believe I know you and they become to scared to try attacking you." He really seemed bothered by the entire issue. Did he really not have any real want to do anything? Was he sincerely that lazy? Kaela felt a small measure of frustration build up, before casting it away and shaking her head.

    "It's up to you, but I can stay with you for a bit, just in case. If not, I can just go back to sleep." She frowned again. She didn't particularly want to keep this dangerous man from his sleep, especially if he got grumpy enough to turn it back on her. But at the same time, she had no real intentions of just letting this go. Maybe they were going to bring someone bigger in on this. That was a certain possibility; but it probably meant that she needed to get a few more of their thugs cleared out. She reached up and rubbed her temples with both hands, trying to think of a possible solution. She carried a few knives, but what were those trinkets going to do against these people? She didn't kill--she had no way of doing something that brazenly insane. She looked back at Starrk for a second or so, before blinking a couple of times, "What if... I was bait? Lull them into a false sense of security... and then strike? Might get lucky and even get the person pulling the strings. You look big and strong, I'm sure you have the ability to deal with them. I have someone else I could find who could help, but I haven't seen her recently..." She looked around the marketplace, trying to work out a good location to perform this 'ambush'. They needed to separate, but then get to a position where they could both be quickly enough. If she had Namine with her it would be even better, but that likely wasn't happening any time soon. She thought of most of the plan, but realizing that she couldn't do it alone, looked back at Starrk, "Would it... even work? An ambush, I mean. Maybe in a street just outside of this market; one that we can both get to after separating. I'm not very good at this..."

    Sponsored content

    Re: Swallow all your Doubt [Open]

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:52 am